Meet the Cordova Twins

The Cordova Twins:

Jordan (pronounced JOR-den, in Biblical & English derived from (yarad) meaning "descend" or "flow down". It is also the name of the river which flows between the countries of Jordan and Israel where Jesus Christ was baptized by John the Baptist).

Jacob (pronounced JAY-kep, in English and Biblical means "holder of the heel" or "supplanter", and (Ya'aqov'el) meaning "may God protect". In the Old Testament, Jacob (later called Israel) was the son of Isaac and Rebecca and the father of the twelve founders of the twelve tribes of Israel. He was born holding his twin brother Esau's heel)

Jacob Jay Cordova & Jordan Rae Cordova

Jacob Jay Cordova & Jordan Rae Cordova
Two Peas in a Pod

Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

Jacob & Jordan Update 5-10-10

Friends, Family, Prayer Warriors:

Happy Belated Mother's Day All! I would like to thank everyone who sent cards and/or verbally gave warm wishes for Sheri's 1st Mother's Day with both babies at home. It was a quiet weekend; Rae took off for some R&R at her house early Saturday afternoon, and Mom and Dad went to Arkansas to visit friends and for a cabin retreat (Mom shopped, Dad fished) so it was just Sheri and I and the kids.

As far as the kids go, we are slowly getting used to having them at home. Jacob continues to grow, gripe, feed, sleep, poop, etc., everything growing boys do. He continues to do well with his feeds and grow. The more I look at him, the more I see his uncle Jay. My mother would disagree though; she says I looked a lot like he does at that age too, the only difference is he is fair complected instead of olive complected like me (Jordan got that feature). I've spent many hours looking at him as he looks at me, wondering "What is he thinking about?" We've had many moments like this and that is always something that goes through my mind as I watch him. It's fascinating to see those big eyes looking back at me (personally, I think he is watching his reflection in my glasses)but there definitely is an intuitiveness about him. I can't wait to see how he relates to the world when he gets older knowing I will be a part of that.

Jordan continues to perplex us. While her monitor has remained silent (which we are very thankful for no bradys), she continues to have throw up and spit up spells at about half of her feeds. This weekend we tried to adjust when she got her prevacid and captopril; instead of giving it during her feed, we tried giving it to her an hour before. We also tried to increase the duration of her feeds in the hopes that the longer we stretch it out, the longer it will stay down. At any rate, Jordan's midnight and 4 am feeds went well (no puke). Sheri will make it a point today to call the doctor and get their input. It may just be able to be chalked up to acid reflux and hasn't been long enough for the new medication to take hold, we'll have to see what the doctors say today. When I hold her (I usually try to time it between the feeds and spit up sessions ;) ), or I am looking at her as she lays in her bassinet, regardless of her awake or asleep, I can't help but notice just how beautiful she is. I can't wait to see the stunning determined beauty she will grow into be.

I truly am a lucky man.

We give thanks and praise to God for all he has given to the kids so far, and all the time we have got to spend with them as well. Please pray for their continued well being, and that Jordan's issues will work themselves out, or we are presented with a new way to overcome her spit up sessions.

At any rate, that's the extent of our lives for the moment...feeding, changing diapers,etc while working overtime to maintaining our sanity. We are very thankful for all of the help we have had from Rae, Mom and Dad, and our friends who have spent some time with the kids when we have a shortage of manpower or just visiting to wish them well.


Please pray for continued success for all!

Thank you for all of your love, prayers and thoughts! More progress reports as soon as I can spare another minute! May the good Lord bless and protect us all.





Kind regards,

The Cordova Family (Andy, Sheri, Jacob & Jordan)
cell - 281-300-6212
email - maverick2601@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment