Meet the Cordova Twins

The Cordova Twins:

Jordan (pronounced JOR-den, in Biblical & English derived from (yarad) meaning "descend" or "flow down". It is also the name of the river which flows between the countries of Jordan and Israel where Jesus Christ was baptized by John the Baptist).

Jacob (pronounced JAY-kep, in English and Biblical means "holder of the heel" or "supplanter", and (Ya'aqov'el) meaning "may God protect". In the Old Testament, Jacob (later called Israel) was the son of Isaac and Rebecca and the father of the twelve founders of the twelve tribes of Israel. He was born holding his twin brother Esau's heel)

Jacob Jay Cordova & Jordan Rae Cordova

Jacob Jay Cordova & Jordan Rae Cordova
Two Peas in a Pod

Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

Family and friends,

Apologize for the delay in reports folks; Sheri is still with the babies at the hospital and I returned to work on Tuesday and been at home fighting allergies in the evenings to avoid giving anything to the twins or Sheri if it is something more. The symptoms are typical of allergies and I have begun to feel a little more like myself after having my medication in my system for a few days. After my doctor's visit today, I also received some antibiotics which are helping, but for now I will limit physical touch of the babies to just Sheri. Call me an overly cautious parent, but given everything they have been through, you can't be too careful. Also please note in my Jan. 24, 2010 email stated that once the babies go off the billiruben light (the UV photo therapy light used to treat jaundice) they would not be put back on was incorrect. As we later verified, it is possible they could go back on it if their jaundice levels climbed. Nothing to worry about, it will pass as they get closer to their term weight and age. Below are notes by day that I jotted down each day upon speaking with the nurse staff for the 25th on through the 29th along with some photos taken by my family:

Jan. 25, 2010 -

Jacob at 5% billiruben rate
Jordan at 6% billiruben rate
doctors and nurse staff opt to try feeding again 2% CC's milk
Jordan was anemic on Jan. 23, 2010, had a blood transfusion, is now normal
Jacob also anemic, scheduled for blood transfusion later that evening
Jordan began mother's milk again
Jacob having trouble processing mother's milk

No comments:

Post a Comment